Ability 1st Utah Employment Services
What are our Employment Services?
- Ability 1st Utah Employment Services is an Employment network under the Ticket to Work and Self-Sufficiency Program.
- We are a full service employment service provider.
- All employment services are geared toward community-based, integrated employment.
Who Does Ability 1st Utah Employment Services Serve?
We serve individuals with disabilities who are in a current pay status under the Social Security Administration’s Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) programs and who are between the ages of 18 and 64 years of age and are eligible for services through the Ticket to Work program. This program is strictly voluntary on the part of the consumer/beneficiary. Ability 1st Utah also has the option of whether to accept a beneficiarie’s ticket.
How do I get started?
Completing the online application is the first step toward realizing your goal of returning to work and reducing your dependency on benefits. Please answer each question and submit the form. Once we receive your application, it will be reviewed and evaluated. A staff person from Ability 1st Utah Employment Services will contact you to discuss your answers and if appropriate, continue the process. If it is determined you are a good candidate for our program you will be invited to attend a program orientation with the Employment Coordinator to discuss in more detail the Ticket to Work program and the services that can be provided by Ability 1st Utah Employment services.
Ability 1st Utah Employment Services offers the following services:
- Work Incentive counseling and tracking
- Skills and interest testing with tutorials
- Resources to facilitate employment
- Resume writing/cover letters/interviewing skills
- Job Search
- Placement assistance
- Job accommodation advice when needed
- Case management, including life management
- Post-employment services including upward mobility and career enhancement
- Advocacy/Peer Support
For more information, please contact:
Employment Coordinator/Benefits Counselor
Email: Janine@Ability1stUtah.org / Direct line: 801-850-5560/ Cell: 801-372-8902