Pre-ETS Youth Program
Pre-ETS Youth Transition Program
This program per the Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA), Pre-Employment (Pre-ETS) transition services provides students with disabilities ages 14 to 21 opportunities to improve workplace skills, explore career interests, and obtain work experience with the following program activities outlined below:
- Job exploration counseling
- Work-based learning experiences, which may include in-school or after school opportunities, and/or experiences outside the traditional school setting in an integrated environment to the maximum extent possible.
- Counseling on opportunities for enrollment in comprehensive transition or post-secondary educational programs at institutions of higher education.
- Workplace readiness training to develop social skills and opportunity for independent living,
- Instruction in self-advocacy- peer mentoring.
Ability 1st Utah also has a youth summer program that Pre-ETS students participate in during the months of June & July. Pre-ETS youth have the opportunity to participate in Pre-ETS services as well as social community integration activities with their peers, as well as independent living life skills classes. An activity calendar for the Pre-ETS summer youth program is provided in our center’s newsletter which is mailed out or given to each student, and also available on our website,